A blog about family, knitting and the occasional diaper... 

Thursday, February 21, 2008

the pool...


Went to the pool this week with miss Coconut with a dear friend and her lovely daughter Sofia.

She seemed to like the water well enough but was on me like velcro! She loved the shallow area and was crawling around in it, she was such a doll! I think the chlorine water is not the best for her eczema though, so I think I'll have to limit the pool with her :(
We have another pooldate this weekend with Liam (aka dafeist) and Sofia's older sister. I think I'll keep miss coconut home.



4 comments:

Old Gates Farm said...

i agree, i think chlorine isn't good for eczema--kaylo went swimming with my parents while they visited-- his looks awful!

dafeist said...

It sucks!!! I HATE eczema. Seriously. She's using everything as a scratching tool, I'm going nuts trying to make it go away :(

Poor Kaylo, he must be miserable.

Old Gates Farm said...

oh those pictures are darling--they didn't show up when i looked earlier! i love the polkadots!! kaylo surprisingly doesn't seem very bothered by his (and it looks bad) except for the patch that is on his underwear line. i use some neem oil salve that i make and it seems to help...i'm making a batch in a couple of weeks--i'll send you some. :)

Jennifer Lori said...

Jakob has eczema too. His isn't very bad, but what I do after his weekly swimming lessons is to rinse him well in the shower (just water, no soap) and then put on a good moisturizing lotion before I get him dressed.